Thursday, October 7, 2010

First Post

Hello, and welcome to Irrelevant Information. I'm assuming that if you are reading this that you are very bored or that I've bullied you into it with some sort of facebook message or whatnot. Don't feel obligated to stay and read everything or follow my blog. I certainly can't make you. I wouldn't even if I could. I just get bored. So I type things into internet boxes and pretend people read it.
Alas, I've discovered the tab key does not function properly in said box.

Double-spacing will have to do.

The majority of my blog posts will probably be stories of something that happened to me recently and how I tend to think deeply on them. Or it may just be me during a philosophical mood. Scary. As I am not the most well-rounded person in my interests, it is completely obvious that not everyone will like the same things I do. Regardless, I thought I'd share this story anyway:

I don't know how few of you reading this have played the videogame The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, but I recently read a horrifying short story about a supposedly haunted copy of the game. It was extremely well written and for the first couple of pages I thought the writer was telling the truth. I had my doubts, of course, for the simple fact that it was on the internet, and everyone lies on the internet. Don't trust everything you read form the internet. Even here. I am Darth Vader and I love to make waffles every morning while listening to light jazz. See? Anyway, The writer later posted an apology that he had to explain that the whole story was a joke because he lacked the resources to keep it going. Still, even after knowing it was fake, it was terrifying. In the "haunted" version of the game, a statue known as BEN followed Link (the game's protagonist) around through eerie twisted versions of the game's original environments. The statue was actually an in-game object called an "Elegy of Emptiness" statue, and the statue simply looked like Link with an eerily blank expression. After reading the story, I keep expecting statues to pop up behind and some sort of spirit to start to haunt me. I know better than this. But still, your mind plays tricks, you know?
And so I leave you here, dear reader, hoping you don't feel as though you've wasted your time.

If there ARE readers.

4 comments:

  1. Hello, this is Beau Soir from CAA! :)

    I heard that creepy story too! It was horrifying even though I really couldn't read all of it (I'm weak against anything having to do with paranormal...) But I'm so relieved to hear that it was a fraud! Majora's Mask is a great game, one of my favorites, but I was so disturbed by that fake story that I couldn't think about it. Yeah, the internet is full of lies... It's like I know that, but I can't believe I was fooled so easily. Gotta be more careful, huh? Thanks for clearing that up for me, even if you did so unknowingly, lol.

    Anyway, I'm intrigued by your blog already, so I hope you don't mind if I follow you. ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that haunted story, but I hang around /b/ and /v/ on 4chan so I knew right away it was one of those creepypasta stories and was totally bogus. If you haven't been exposed to that kind of thing before though, I can see how you'd buy into it.

    Oh yeah. This is Nate from CAA. I probably won't be reading this regularly but I thought I'd at least come and see what was here, and I even found something to comment on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there, TWWK from CAA (don't think we've conversed yet). I'll be reading regularly! Good luck with your blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beau Soir: I don't mind at all if you follow me. The question is, do YOU mind if you follow me?

    Nate: I appreciate your honesty in telling me you probably wont read regularly. Really, I do!

    TWWK: Nice to meet you and thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete