Wednesday, March 16, 2011

16 March 2011

Hello there blog.

I may attempt to begin posting more frequently. As you can see, my last post was months ago.
But yeah. I may be stopping that. So, the situation in Japan is on my mind right now, a lot. Please continue to keep that nation in your prayers. I need to practice writing I think. Notice my awkward subject changes. Ah, but this is so informal. I'm not really one for formal writing. It's why I suck at English.  Interestingly enough, I used to imperative form up there. I COMMAND YOU TO NOTICE MY AWKWARD SUBJECT CHANGES. Start noticing. Now. So this entry needs a topic. And I need ideas. Maybe a Mountain Dew. Maybe both. Topic of the day is, I suppose, Japan.

Tragic. Absolutely tragic. And I partly wonder what exactly I can say that hasn't already been said. I'm considering fasting for a few days specifically to pray for the Japanese people. Even though the only Japanese I've met are college students, I feel I can connect with them somewhat simply because I understand a lot of their culture and language. Thus, it pains me to see that there is so much pain in that nation right now. From what I understand now, though the initial disaster is over, things only seem to be getting worse over time. From the possible meltdown at the Fukushima Daiichi plant to the fact that there is no gas for police cars, it will get worse before it gets any better. Sometimes I wish I was some kind of superhero who could go save people. I hate this feeling of an American college student. I hear all the time "I'm a college student" as an awful excuse to not take action.

I close with a verse: " May there be peace within your walls 
   and security within your citadels.” 
8 For the sake of my family and friends, 
   I will say, “Peace be within you.” 
9 For the sake of the house of the LORD our God, 
   I will seek your prosperity" Psalms 122:7-9

1 comment:

  1. Hey there! I noticed your "D.Gray-man" avatar at CAA and followed it here. I love D.Gray-man.

    My prayers also go out to Japan. I was raised in Japan until college, and I consider it home. My family and friends are safe in Japan, but many people are missing their loved ones.

    I like the verse you chose. Let's have Japan in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete